Are you a poet? Do you love sharing beautiful stories in poetic forms? If yes, then this contest is for you!
As part of our website’s monthly contests, D’LitReview is calling for entries into her February Poetry Contest, with the theme, “Of Love and Golden Memories“.
February is a month centered around the celebration of love, owing to Valentine’s Day. Apart from that, one of the greatest languages we speak as humans, is Love.
Tell us your love story, the one that gives you golden memories. It could be the love of a mother and child, a love interest you once had / still have, the love you have for your friends, your siblings, your family, or even the love of God, which is the ultimate love.
We want to see stories that inspire, and above all, help us understand the meaning of love all the more.
Guidelines for submission
- Write a poem of not more than 20 lines on the theme, “Of Love and Golden Memories”. You’re free to give the poem a title of your choice, but let it be related to the theme.
- Your poem could be free verse, blank verse, rhymed, sonnet, or in whatever form you choose, but it should be as “poetic” as possible.
- Send your entry to email@example.com, with your contact details at the bottom (preferably WhatsApp) in case you are one of our winners.
- The first place winner’s poem will be published on our website for everyone to read, in addition to the cash / airtime prize (as you choose) of N2,000 only.
- The 2nd and 3rd place winners will get N1,000 and N500 (cash / airtime, as you choose) respectively.
- Prizes are only provisional and are likely to get better in the coming months. For sponsorship, please send a WhatsApp message to +2348173634477.
- Deadline for submission is 25th February, 2022.
We look forward to reading your poem! Good luck!